10.4.17

samiro yunoki


















Love at first sight.

Well, I discovered Samiro Yunoki's work through an exhibition I haven't seen. 
January 2015, I planned a trip to Paris with my kids and my lover, we would leave Lille the 9th. Due to the terrorist attacks in Paris, we decided not to go... The exhibition "La danse des formes" in Musée Guimet was planned to be visited this weekend.

I tryed again to see his work last week, in the same place as he gave 72 pieces of art to the museum. Unfortunately, I couldn't see them either, because of a temporary exhibition this time. 

So, I buy books, and I dig the web to find any little piece he made.

Samiro Yunoki is a katazome dyeing master. He's been Keisuke Serizawa' apprentice during Mingei period, the new face of japanese folk art. He's very old now, 95 I guess. But his work is so fresh, so joyful. I'm so pleased with his research. The balance, the colours, it is really playful to my eyes ! 

Aucun commentaire: